May 6, 2009

Reminiscing





As a child, I remember having paints, paper, and art books all around the house. I specifically remember the joy I felt sitting in the patio of our house in Real del Monte, Mexico with my father's watercolors and paper. The pictures are samples of my artwork as a child; my mother saved this artwork.
My parents certainly made sure we lived a creative life as children. We were frequent visitors of museums and musical concerts in Mexico City. The greatest memory I have were times we went to the Palacio de Bellas Artes. I specifically remember seeing Mocedades in concert and an Austrian Folk singing group. What an amazing experience!!
Creativity to me is a lifestyle. It is about allowing myself to express what I love and feel passionate about in every aspect of my life. I am just rediscovering how to be more creative at work, at home, in my studio (kitchen table :-) and life! I want my creativity to shine no matter where I am. Honestly, I hope someday people who visit my house can say "an artist lives here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS