June 12, 2009

On Creativity

What a great book I just finished re-reading. Fred Rogers' You are Special: Words of Wisdom for All Ages from a Beloved Neighbor. Of course, Fred Rogers from the utterly popular PBS program Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. There is quote from the book that has resonated with me more so now than ever.

"I've often hesitated in beginning a project because I've thought, "It'll never turn out to be even remotely like the good idea I have as I start." I could "just" feel how good it could be. But I decided, for the present, I would create the best way I know how and accept the ambiguities."

That is all I can do in the present with the art I am creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS