June 4, 2009

My Birthday Present

Happy Birthday to me on June 9th. I normally don't wish myself a Happy Birthday neither write a post about it. However, I have given myself a present. The present is the wonderful feeling I felt as I handmade a doll for a child in Nicaragua. Making something for someone else fills my cup completely. My doll doesn't look anything like the beautiful dolls already submitted. However, I hope that it will be a joy for a child. It was part of a project I joined several weeks ago when I discovered Craft Hope. Their banner best describes their mission: "spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time." They are currently taking donations of handmade dolls for children in Casa Bernabe which is an orphanage in Nicaragua. Please visit their website to find out more about this wonderful organization and the projects. Maybe you will be inspired to participate in the next project. Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Birthdays! I know it's the 12th and your birthday was the 9th, but celebrate all MONTH *smiles* ok?

    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Ludid
    Happy Birthday to you!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your doll Ludid :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS