September 21, 2009

"Won't You Be"






"Won't you be by my side
Through this journey
Won't you be my bride
And tell our story
To everyone we know
Cause everyone should know
About our love."
{Lyrics by Louis Orozco from "The Quiet World"}
My brother's lyrics continue to be a source of inspiration. For this patchwork I used one of my parents photos when they were young. I love pairing black and white with other colors. I layered some fabric and hand stitched around certain sections after using some light fabric glue to hold them in place. Used some molding paste in some areas---couldn't leave it out of course.
Love you Mom and Dad.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE this!! what a perfect way to show off the sweet, sweet photo of your mom and dad!! and the lyrics are wonderful, too! it is really spectacular!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet to do this for your parents. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I wrote "Wont you Be" I didn't realize it would end up being immortalized in art! Neither did I imagine it could be used as a theme song to my own wedding and my parents'!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS