November 2, 2009

...And with Delight and Pride


This collage is a result of reflecting on the sacrifices that so many make when they wholeheartedly respond to their calling.  My mom was born and grew up in Pucallpa, Peru.  Throughout her youth she felt that she was called to serve the Lord in some capacity.  She made a choice early in her life to become a missionary. 


Although her path turned out slightly different, she continues to respond to her calling wholeheartedly "and with delight and pride."  Regardless of what our calling might be, may we do it with delight and pride.

I've been playing with fabric and hand stitching.  Although I put away the molding paste for this project, it didn't last long.  It's in there.  I am currently working on a mixed media journal, but I'll have more on that later. 

3 comments:

  1. Is this a book especially a tribute to your mother? What wonderful stories she must have or had to tell about life in Peru. I was there last year, for only two weeks but I could see places where I could spend a lot of time with the people. One was an orphange run by a Doctor, who came from the midwest somewhere. He had a house full of wonderful children that needed special help and operations. I could have stayed there forever with those kids. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love the tactile feeling of your artwork.....and i really enjoyed hearing your mother's story, too! here's to delight and pride in everything we do! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your wonderful comments. i love your stories as well.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS