November 23, 2009

Christmas Goodness


The movie that is a must for me during the Christmas holiday is "The Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott (The Sound of Music is another).  Although I enjoy the movies and festivities of this season, it all comes down to the true meaning. When I saw these stamps by Inkadinkado, I had to buy them. So here is how I used them. First of all, try dying some tags with coffee and vanilla, if you haven't already. They smell so gooooood. I just place one in my purse to enjoy the smell all the time. Okay, back to Christmas Goodness.

I began with creating some ornaments. Stamped the coffee-vanilla dyed tags front(image) and back(scripture) using Stampology's topaz ink.

  Cut some scraps of fabric and glued them to the bottom of the tags.  Just so you know now. Jute rope is all over my creative space right now.  It is being used and will continue to be used especially for my journals.  So I pulled some jute rope through the hole and added some turqoise beads attached on a jewerly hook. 

Then, I decided the tag ornaments needed a little pouch.  I had found some Christmas napkins several weeks ago and decided to hand-stich the pouch ( I don't have my sewing machine quite yet).

Hand-stitched four pouches. 

They are ready to be packaged and mailed to my lovely family.  I didn't stop there with the stamps, oh no.

I created " That Night" on an 11 in x 14 in canvas panel.  What did I tell you?  Jute rope.


It looks like I skipped Thanksgiving doesn't it?  My Thanksgiving will be small, yummy, and relaxing.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  And thank you to all my wonderful creative friends and family for your encouragement as you visit the place for my creative discoveries. 

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you put so much care and attention towards the presentation details. This should make the recipient(s)feel quite special, which is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing so many of your fabulous ideas!! i've never heard of dying with vanilla.....i might have to create a tag and put it in my purse, too!! and your little pouches are the perfect touch! i love the way you've used the jute to create a manger on your canvas panels. you got a lot of great use from your wonderful new stamps!! :)))

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS