December 16, 2009

Simply Creating

















In order to play with layers (and my new sewing machine), I decided to take Rebecca Sower's advice about making a sampler cloth.  It truly is therapeutic.  I really do need to handstitch, but I am having too much fun with my new sewing machine.  The material that I am using for my sampler cloth is unstretched canvas.  I painted it green gold and started laying and stitching when I need a break or just play.


Adventure-because someday I want to take in the beauty of the Serengueti.


Christmas-because I am seeing it in a new way as I celebrate it with my two-year-old.


Birthday-because I love this quote "If you carry your childhood with
you, you never become older." - Abraham Sutzkever


Comfort-because I plan to spend the holidays at home with my family.


Kids-because simply-they say the funniest things.

This is how I am finishing my new year: simply creating.

For now, I want to wish you a wonderful Christmas and
much hope and joy for the New Year.

1 comment:

  1. your samplers are all fabulous.....what a wonderful way to finish the year, and begin a new one!! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!! :))

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS