January 1, 2010

Essentials for a New Year






















The assurance that I am surrounded by the love of God, family, and friends. (photos of my son taken by my husband)






















Fill in the blanks of my calendar with precious time.  For example, time to be creative.  Scraps came to life in this patch journal I just finished. 


The spine was really fun to make with this textured paper and lace.


Inside cover. Pages were stitched with several decorative stitches.


Close-up of front cover.














A little project I also finished were these calendar fabric hearts to hang in my kitchen or bedroom.  


My best wishes to you for much creative time and wonderful moments with family and friends. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your texture combinations...fabric, stitches, etc. And those calendar hearts are adorable! So my daughter's name is pronounced as your sister's (may-lee). I noticed you have a new sewing machine. I desperately need one. May I ask which one you chose? You have great stitches! Happy creating. BTW, you have a fabulous blog banner. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, jenni, for your wonderful comments. my sewing machine is a singer confidence. i love it; it was easy to figure out. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your journal is fabulous.....and what a clever idea for your calendars!!! i LOVE your little hearts, and how great to have them in strategic places throughout the house! i'm looking forward to sharing lots of creative goodness with you in the new year!!! :)))

    p.s. your son is absolutely precious!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS