February 22, 2010

Boats and Arts






















I've been thinking about boats lately.  Perhaps it's because I am working on a CD cover for my brother's new album.  Although the boat for this project will be a paper boat, I was inspired to create a stamp.  It's been a long time (here and here) since I have carved my own stamps.  Oh, but I must let you know that the background artwork was done my by 2 1/2 year old son.  He took his chalk and created this masterpiece.  I thought it was the perfect background for my little boats.  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. that is a masterpiece, indeed!!! your creative little boy chose some of my favorite colors!! and i love your boat stamp....you've inspired me to get out my carving supplies!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative family you have. Between you, your son and your brother, that's a whole boat load of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love that his little handiwork is the background to your stamp. These tactile art projects really get my juices flowing!!!! gluing, stamping, carving, layering....yipie!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS