February 19, 2010

An Image






















When I go to antique stores, I rarely look at old photos.  They are just so personal.   However, when you see something that speaks to you, it's a keeper.    I don't mean to sound mystical, but I knew I had to take the image with me.  No details where given on the photo, so it's up to me to tell her story.

This is not the original image because I am keeping the original as is.  The image and stitches you see are actually from a journal page I made.  I made a copy of the journal page and transferred it to a painted background.  Finally, I gave it some digital texture.  I am currently working on an artists' book titled "From Her Archives" which will tell her story. 

2 comments:

  1. i feel the same way about looking at vintage photos.....i always feel like i'm invading someone else's privacy, kind of like reading another person's diary!! i can see why you brought this photo home, though....it's a wonderful image, and i'll bet you'll do wonderful things with it! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love thinking about the kind of life they may have lived, what they experienced from the world and their joys when compared to ours in the time we live.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS