February 6, 2010

Scent from the Heart






















There is nothing better than spending the day with my husband and son.  They certainly give me so much love.

I've been thinking about our new house (currently in construction).  Not so much about the actual house, but how I want to focus on making it our "home."  I know that I want to make more of these potpourri satchets to place everywhere around the house.  I made the closure with velcro so I can switch out to fresh potpourri throughout the year.  I first tried to make the satchets with tulle, but it was to difficult to work with (I am not very patient with sewing).  So then I switched to using netting.  Love It!!!!  Since it's February and it's all about hearts, I stitched some scraps of fabric and made this fun little heart with some yummy fabric.  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet smelling idea. Your heart sachet definitely lends a feeling of home...a cozy home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these will be wonderful scattered around your new home! creating a new home is such a fabulous thing to look forward to! :))

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS