March 29, 2010

Interrupted

















Because my condo is on the market,  it must always be in perfect condition.  The call came in notifying that there would be a showing of my condo between 3:00 and 5:00.  It was 2:47.  Normally, I would just take a quick look, tidy up a bit, and leave the condo.  No, not today.  You see I had my working table covered with newspaper, tubes and tubes of paint, brushes, paper, paper towels...you get the picture.  On the floor, I had newspapers with painted papers drying.  Oh, but that is not all.  On the kitchen table downstairs, I had newspapers covering the table with painted papers drying.  I didn't have time to take a picture of the chaos.  It wasn't actually chaos before the call; I had it under control.  When I was cleaning up, I felt like a chicken without a head.  I managed to get everything cleaned up by 3:15 and they had not arrived yet.  They probably would not have shown up right then, but I didn't want the potential buyers to show up to see all my paints, etc. spread out everywhere. 

So I left the house with my laptop and headed for the bookstore.  I started playing with some photos and the above photo was created.  So there is my afternoon.

















The original photo.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness....i've been there, done that SO many times! it's maddening trying to sell your house! i used to think it was safe to get my art supplies out after 7:00 p.m., and wouldn't you know as soon as i did the phone would ring and they'd be sitting out in the driveway wanting to come inside! yikes!! i feel your pain, girlfriend! i hope your house sells soon! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun -- nice photomanipulation!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS