July 20, 2010

Creative Space: The beginning


It seems that I am pretty lucky afterall.  Let me explain what I mean.  A week ago I mentioned to my mom that I wanted to buy a dressform.  Most I have seen have been too expensive to buy.  On Saturday morning, we checked out some garage sales.  The second place where we stopped had this dressform on sale for $5.00!!  When I got home, I removed the fabric that was on the dressform and cleaned it up.  A project I want to take on with this dressform is to paint the panels with gesso and giving it some texture. 


So now I have two dressforms. This one is the small wire one that I am working on at the moment.  My son says that now I have two monsters.  That is what he calls them. 


A view of my painting area.


A view of my journaling and blogging area.  I am working in my journals again and still learning some wonderful techniques here.


This old sewing machine is serving some important roles since it does not work.  It adds a bit of color to my room and it just makes me happy. 


The cover of this old sewing machine is where I will keep the journals I am working on at the moment.  I might leave it as is or add some personality to it.


Now that I have moved into my new creative space (and loving it), I will continue sharpening my skills.  I also want to make this for my space.  Thank you for following me on this wonderful creative journey and thank you for your inspiration. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ludid :)

    Just a few lines to let you know that:
    You won one of Carla Sonheim's Drawing Lab book at my blog giveaway!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
    Please email me your mailing address as soon as possible so we can send you the book.
    Thank you so much for participating and for visiting my blog :)
    All the best,
    Geninne

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great find.....a $5.00 "monster" (heehee). you'll have a great time adding you own personal touches to it! your new creative playground looks like such a wonderful place filled with inspiration and delight!!! thanks for sharing your beautiful photos! xox, :))
    p.s. congrats on winning geninne's giveaway....i have a copy and i think it's a great book! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came over from Geninne's blog, congratulations also on winning the book! I love your blog and the stuff you do! Do you have a follow me link I can click on? Would love to follow your blog ;)

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, saw the follow link down below, hehe, i'm a follower now! ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS