January 10, 2011

Altering the unused and winter


On one of my visits to a thrift shop, I found this cookbook.  I bought it
because it is a 3-ring notebook that I thought would be perfect for
a new journal. 


Although I removed most of the original pages, I did glue some of
 them together for studier pages.

While looking for some fabric to cover the cookbook, I found canvas that I painted
several months ago.  Surprisingly, it was almost the perfect size.  I had to do
some stitching here and there.


Then I cut a long strip of fabric, placed some fabric scraps on top, and stitched.
Now it wraps around the journal. 


 By the way, all this was done from midnight to about 2:00 am.  What can i
say, i couldn't sleep.


so refreshing.


 I had to sneak these pictures in after the winter storm we received over the weekend. 
 Super fun time with my cuties.

3 comments:

  1. What a great project! Finished piece is gorgeous. And yup. Definitely cuties. Looks like fun.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute photo of your two guys, and I bet it would look great tucked inside your new journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fab, you had to go with the flow! I love the pic! I'm with Becky, you need to tuck that inside this journal or another one! So fun, cute n' playful!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS