February 19, 2011

Saturday gardening


Last March, I started talking about my excitement for a garden in my new home. 
My son and I chose what to plant yesterday.  He chose strawberries. 
I selected herbs like basil, mint, sage, and cilantro. 


Although it took a while to construct this plant bed, I enjoyed
 feeling the dirt and seeing the sun slowly come up.  

My son was in charge of the bricks.  He was a great little helper indeed. 


I will to see how this turns out and then consider planting some more. 


Finally, I enjoyed some crispy and sweet jicama. 
 Jicama is basically a sweet turnip.
Added a bit of lemon juice and cayenne pepper for a little kick.
So fresh and delicious.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ludid! I love your box garden..I always think of starting one myself...one day.. And people here have been mentioning jicama too. I have to try some.
    Happy weekend,
    xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS