June 1, 2011

Repose


Life of Threads: Repose, the Beds
wood, fabric, threads, paper



Often, I have to give myself permission to relax and rest without feeling guilty.  Several months ago, a book made me look at moments of repose in a different way.  The Art of the Siesta defends the power of the siesta through art and a discussion about behavior.

When we hear the word siesta, we often think that it is just about sleeping.  Not so.  More importantly, it is a time when we can be liberated from our thoughts and give ourselves fully to relaxation and reflection.

So I am incorporating this practice more in my life.  How about you?

2 comments:

  1. THis is gorgeous. Can you design my bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, eric. sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS