May 31, 2012

Stefanie Seltner-About Childhood

The next  About Childhood artist interview comes from
Artist Stefanie Seltner.  I am delighted that she is sharing her story today.




1. Do you still have a piece of artwork you created when you were a child? Describe or explain.
If not, is there a specific memory that you recall about a piece of artwork, art or creativity in your childhood? 
 I have some paintings from childhood:  Snow White, 
a tent of Indians and a self-portrait.  I know I did other fairytale figures
and drew a lot of people with very big heads.  I drew and painted a lot, all the time,
 everyday.  My parents said I always carried a case with art supplies wherever we went.

2.  What does it (artwork/memory) mean to you now? 

I have a black and white photo of me at about 4 yrs old. 
It shows me, as a child in my 'art apron', painting.  I look very serious and it
reminds me that artwork is very important for me.
 

I paint with all the technique and art history I learned from art school,
but the child in me is there. Little Stefanie has more courage.  She is
always on my mind.  I say a little prayer-- "I invite you to be with me. You are like a
 guarding angel for my artwork." 

Each morning when I do my daily drawings, I have
 no idea or plan about what I want to do. I just do it with emotions
and feelings flowing. It is like a diary.

But I have to admit, I don't think of my childhood alot.  I did for years,
but the older I get the less it is important to understand. I try to live in the
present and share the childhood of my children.

all photos by Stefanie Seltner 
 visit Stephanie's blog: http://stefanieseltner.blogspot.com/
For recent artwork visit her website: http://www.atelier-seltner.de/

------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much, Stefanie for participating in this
Artist Interview Series: About Childhood

For more interviews, go here.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Ludid,
    thank you.
    It is so funny to see my childhood paintings here! Little Stefanie now is in the www - that´s fantastic and curious:)
    X Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fantastic, indeed. thank you.

      Delete
  2. Excellent, i enjoyed it!
    I believe that freedom of expression that we have when we are children we can never have it as adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello roberto. yes, a child's creative expression can certianly fly high and free. thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. lovely interview with talented stefanie.

    and i like your ART!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS