March 7, 2013

New Painting: infancia

 
"infancia"
original acrylic and ink on canvas
4" x 4"
 
 
when i see how my childhood memories and experiences
manifest in my paintings, it makes me realize how
much they are still part of me.
 
a feeling.  a moment. an idea.
certain places.
 
i am holding them close by.
 
perhaps your childhood didn't look this colorful.
my childhood was not all rosy either.
we have faced various 
challenges of growing up.
 
yet, my parents did everything they could 
 to offer us joyful experiences which
we still happily carry now.
 
perhaps your childhood looks even more colorful for you.
 
i hope you can feel a bit of joy
as you experience these paintings.
 
 
i am focusing on tiny art for the moment
and walking into them with a huge open heart.
 
thank you for coming by.
 

3 comments:

  1. I love them both together standing there like two children.
    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a beautiful comment. each with their own personality, right?
      thank you so much, stefanie.

      Delete
  2. Your heart shows its hugeness and colour! xo Carole

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS