April 23, 2015

Enter and Embrace Podcast #5: Let Your Heart Breathe Moments





"listen to the quietude, the silence and the solitude of after-rain," 
 --from the book Listen to the Rain.

When I think about what makes me take a deep breath, it is mostly when it rains and the moment after it rains.  There is certain freshness that I want to breathe in.  Then I think about how rain makes my heart breathe too and how much it expands.

My heart breathes when I spend time in God's word and his grace.  It breathes when I read words that
touch my soul, when the Lord highlights words that comfort and guide- my heart breathes, when I can share my faith in creative ways that extend hope-it breathes, when I dwell in the hope that all is well in the hands of God.........it breathes.

Psalms 147:8 says, 
He covers the heavens with clouds; 
He prepares rain for the earth; 
He makes grass grow on hills. 

I am intentionally noticing these moments.  Releasing those that do not let my heart breathe and making adjustments to moments that are part of daily life that could be more let my heart breathe moments.

What are your let my heart breathe moments?


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to visit my creative space. you are welcome to share your comments and thoughts. best wishes---ludid

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS